Smoked Berry Brie
INGREDIENTSThis is the perfect sweet and salty treat in Spring. It will make you think about the summer to come.
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP water
- ½ cup fresh Blueberries
- ½ cup fresh Raspberries
- ½ cup fresh Strawberries halved
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 TBSP cold water
- 1 round (8oz) Brie Cheese, halved horizontally
- Pita chips
- 1. Preheat grill to 400.
- 2. In a small pan heat sugar & water until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Add Berries to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- 4. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into the berry mixture. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and let stand for 10mins.
- 5. Place bottom half of cheese in a cast iron skillet. Pour ½ cup of berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and then remaining berry mixture.
- Bake uncovered on 400 for 8-10 minutes. Serve with pita chips.