Pellet Fireplace Inserts | Arnold MD, Baltimore/Washington, D.C Region
Complete Chimneys hearth store of Pasadena, MD, carries a full line of Regency and Hampton pellet fireplace inserts and provides expert installation for our customers in Baltimore, MD, Ellicott City, MD, Russett, MD, Severn, MD, Millersville, MD, and all across the Baltimore/Washington, DC, region.
Are you operating a traditional masonry fireplace? What kind of performance are you getting from it? If you’re like most homeowners, you’ve given up expecting huge amounts of heat from a unit that sends 80% or more of the heat it generates up the chimney. Fortunately, the solution is easy. Pellet fireplace inserts solve the problem of low heat performance from a standard fireplace and provide simple operation for you and great looks for your home.
Here’s what you need to know about modern pellet fireplace inserts.
- Pellet fireplace inserts are like fireplaces in a box: Inserts come ready-made from the factory, variously sized so they easily fit into the firebox of an existing fireplace. With professional installation, it doesn’t take long to convert an under-performing masonry unit into a true heat producer.
- Pellet inserts are built for heat: The closed combustion system these units employ allows for 80% or 90% or more of the heat generated to be used as heat within the room. It’s hard to find a home-heating appliance more efficient that a quality pellet fireplace insert.
- Pellet appliances are easy to operate: A pellet insert features a hopper, or basket, into which a load of pellets is poured. The hopper then takes over and dispenses a pre-determined amount of pellets into the firebox at prescribed intervals. You don’t have to stack anything in or physically add anything to the appliance.
- No mess with a pellet fireplace insert: Made most often from agricultural or manufacturing wood waste, pellets are small, self-contained and not crumbly like wood logs. This means no bark chunks and other debris marking the path between the wood pile outside and the fireplace inside.
- Pellets are long-burning: Because of their compressed nature, you get a lot of fire and heat from a load of pellets. Add in the fact that the hopper does all the loading automatically, and it’s normal to have warming fires that burn for a day and a half before you have to do anything to the apparatus.
- A pellet fireplace insert is great for the environment: Burning wood leaves no carbon footprint on the eco-system. But pellets are in a sense more eco-friendly than wood logs, because no trees need to be chopped down to make pellets – they’re made from the scraps of trees that already have been harvested.
- Inserts add ambience and taste to any home: Modern pellet fireplace inserts are designed to enhance a room’s décor with a variety of exciting styles, sizes, shapes and finishes. These sturdy units are as beautiful as they are effective.
- Simple maintenance: Caring for a pellet fireplace insert involves occasionally cleaning out the ash from the firebox and scheduling a yearly safety visit from a certified chimney sweep, who will inspect the unit and clean the vent pipe or chimney.
If you’ve been thinking about upgrading an old masonry fireplace, visit Complete Chimneys fireplace and stove store at 8174 Ritchie Highway in Pasadena, MD, and see a selection of pellet fireplace inserts that would meet your needs for both heating and beauty. We serve the entire Baltimore/District of Columbia region.